Thank you for your interest in requesting community event support from the Georgia Department of Defense. The Georgia National Guard is proud to support our communities as many of our Guardsmen have grown up here in Georgia and serve to protect our communities from all threats, both foreign and domestic.
The Georgia National Guard supports many community outreach events and programs throughout the year in accordance with AR 360-1. The support we provide includes non-aviation static displays, band support, Color Guard support, and speaker support. Events must meet the following general guidelines to be considered for Georgia National Guard support:
- The event should be of general interest or benefit to the community as a whole.
- The sponsor is a broadly based civic organization or an organization whose primary purpose is to stimulate patriotism, promote public understanding of the necessity of national security, or foster public appreciation of our national heritage and not promote the organization’s private objectives.
- No admission fee (beyond what will cover the reasonable costs of sponsoring the event) is charged for the event or charged for the portion of the event supported by the National Guard.
- National Guard participation in outreach programs must not interfere with military operations and training programs.
**Due to ongoing sequestration limitations as annotated in the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense Community Relations Plan, the following types of aviation asset support are currently suspended:
- Aerial events to include public flyovers
- Aircraft static displays
To request support, click on the relevant links below to download, view and fill out the relevant forms necessary to ascertain the support you are seeking:
- Non-Aviation Static Display (Hummer, Other Trucks, Band Support, Color Guard Support, and Soldiers for Parades)
- Speaker Support
- Speech Request Form
- DD-2536 (Non-Aviation Request Form)